Tuesday, October 20

back 'crack'


it went yesterday morning, bouncing on the trampoline with the bean, I was even on my knees and just picked him up for a cuddle and 'crack' i couldnt move. Stuck on the tramp, one arm around the boy, one arm clutching(as well as you can clutch your back with an arm), calling feebly to the Bloke without wanting to sound a) either too hysterical b) to needy and c) without the neighbourhood coming to the rescue (small valley, noise travels).Fuck. Serious pain. Bloke finally arrives, takes bean, i crawl off. I can bend, just cant get upright. 'Walk' into house like a wizened old lady with a bad case of osteoporosis, hands on kness. Not quite ready to admit middle age. Fuck. Back issues hppen to other people not me. The really bad bit was yesterday was the first glorious day we've had in weeks/months. Sunny, balmy, warm. I had been looking forward to a day in the garden.

The upside of spending a whole day lying on my back in various locations was i got to read a whole book that i had been meaning to get onto for a while. Fab. That bean really is an angel child- he played happily all day just coming over every now and then for a story or a kiss (he's still bestowing us with lovely, breathy wet '0's)or a babble-chat. A whole book in a day with a kid! Fucking amazing! the big bloke was working in the garden and just took The Bean away for meals and nappy replacements. Not a bad day really if i think about it. I joked with the Bloke about 'doing my back' to get out of some you-know-what, but maybe 'doing my back', wink, to get some reading time isnt a bad way to go! Julie and Julia was a good light read and really, how can a book about food and blogging be anything but enjoyable? "Fuck" played a greater role in the book than the movie which was inspiring. Julie came across as way to sweet in the movie. Additionally, I managed to wrangle a beanbag (well, a lentil bag really) for the bean out of the torn leg of a pair of my pajama pants, stitched by hand as Im not 'sewy' and have no modern machine to speak of (besides I was on my back, cant see what youre doing on a pedal machine when ya on ya back!). Well, the Bloke has a machine, an old black cast iron job from like circa 1850. Maybe I'll take it for a spin one day. Only four more to go, but if the backs better, it may be awhile...

7 comments:

Veggie Gnome said...

What a bummer!! How's the back today? Any better? Got enough drugs? Take care of that back! Once you reach 'a certain' age, the back develops a mind of its own.

What are you going to do with 5 lentil bags?

belinda said...

Sounds like the universe decided you needed some restful, Bean bonding time..

Sorry it was that direct about informing you of it. I hope you have a good physio or osteo to help with any residual spasms, or pain.

Kind Regards
Belinda

Katy said...

Oh lovely! I hope you get better soon - I will not make any gutter comments - just wish you a speedy recovery xxxx Oh what was better - the book or the movie wit Julie & Julia?

Katy said...

Oh & I'm going to try and get to the CSA thing - just trying to wrangle a sitter for the madam!

Anonymous said...

Oh, take care! I hope youre back springs into action again soon. Loved the movie, but have yet to read the book.

pipnvik said...

Hey Kel, hope you get better soon, and take it easy for a while once you are up and about.

Phil
www.wobatoligy.blogspot.com

Mia @ agoodhuman said...

I'm feeling your pain. I have a chronic back problem for years which just keeps coming back. At least you had a productive day getting through a book.

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...