Wednesday, December 9

a dedicated reader and an embarrassing moment

Being a bit of a statistics nerd; professional interests dont just dissappear when you're on leisure time, i really have a very fond relationship with my stats counter. I uploaded Google Analytics a few weeks ago and loved the detail. Dont mean to freak you out...but I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! lol. Well i thought i did. I noticed a very avid new reader from Mountain View, California. Many, many logins per day, and every day without fail and several pages 'read' each time. Nice. I wonder who they are Will they introduced themselves? Who is this keen Mountain View reader. Who are you?

Anyway, being the ever stats nerd I went back into my set-up for Google Analytics to re-set the counter to exclude one of my computers so as to not log my self in the count and adjust some settings.
Embarrassing moment.

My Mountain View reader is Google Analytics taking daily readings.
So half smart.

8 comments:

Veggie Gnome said...

Hi.

My name is Mountain View reader.

Please, don't be embarrassed. But I do love to check your blog several times a day.

I may have a problem. But I do take pills. So I'm alright. Most of the time.

Hahahahahaa...

Kale for Sale said...

LOL! I needed that. Thank you.

Kelly said...

hehe. Thanks Gnome. i needed that!

greenfumb said...

I have often wondered who Mountain View Reader was, I'm just not smart enough to work it out.

Jo said...

Hi! just thought I'd pop in and say hello... was wondering if the site reader tells you only who logs onto your site, or does it also tell you who reads your posts via bloglines (where I read most of your posts)... not that I'm worried about you knowing that I drop by (for every post) but in case I am looking to find out 'who' is reading my blog... cheers, Jo

Unknown said...

That is just gold Kel! I really did laugh out loud.

Gav

Kelly said...

hehe. I thought it was hilarious. Id actually started to wonder about their mental health!...i can 'see' where, when, how and from what site but not 'whom'. Also doesnt tell me if from 'bloglines' so mayb it doesnt and im really at 300 visits a day!Dont worry. Big brother aint that close.

John said...

I also have the same question as Jo.you don't need to be embarrass though. I might consider uploading that google analytical...

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...