Thursday, October 23

an incredible image


i came across this picture on flickr a while back. Its by someone with the flickr name of Ayres no Graces and it was apparently captured during a firework display in daylight?? I find it quite incredible and it stirs an emotion i cant quite place; the honest beauty, unaffected awe, quiet drama, and muted colour and in particular the confidence of the relationships captured is so fleeting but so there. its a once in a life time picture. Thought i'd share it. What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is a powerful photo, isn't it? If you hadn't given the context, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out. The woman in the tan sheepskin looks upset, the woman behind her is eager, grandma is clutching on to those kids for dear life, and what... shouting? One little kid is cowering, the other is openly awed.

Lisa Barrett said...

I you hadn't explained the pic I would have thought it was a bombing. They look petrified. funny how different people see different things.

Kerrie said...

My first glimpse of this made me think it was people watching the Twin Towers collapsing...the haziness gives it a surreal feeling. The younger child looks terrified, the older one like she isn't so sure about what she is seeing and the woman with them (Grandmother perhaps..??) is very protective of them.

It's a great photo, when I have time I occasionally browse Flickr but have never thought to post one on my blog, will keep it in mind.

Thanks for sharing Kel...

Kelly said...

yes, so many differet emotions in one photo. i think its the clarity despite the haziness that makes it particularly special.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful in such a mix of ways!

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...