1. Crusts of bread hanging around for quite a while waiting to be smashed into breadcrumbs
2. Catching the bus to work in the dark, cold mornings in the dead of winter
3. Planning. Endless planning and organising to ensure efficient living on all levels. Sometimes I just want my brain to stop, it all to stop and hop off for a while!
4. The research and time that goes into any purchase. Sometime I just wanna 'grab' something!
5. Having to walk past the stinky and sloppy imported French cheese mountains at the markets
6. Everyone in the family having a good excuse when I get cranky at all the dishes thy have left piling up until enough are there to make a wash-up justifiable (i think this is my no.1 !)and knowing Im not going to have a comeback to this water saving argument
7. Always being the bad guy and endlessly reminding children to 'turn it off!' Besides which it just reminds me of my mother...
8. Wanting sometimes to just splurge to 'show my love' but pulling back in the name of less stuff and not necessary. Again, it reminds me of my mother...
9. That if I dont eat or organise the leftovers, they may get left in the fridge for a while
10. Coming home from work and making pita bread, tortilla or pizza dough coz all that plastic packaging really pisses me off
Small 'personal is political' potatoes I know, but I didnt even get started on the volunteer and activism work that gets done around here...
What pisses you off about Green living?