Friday, November 7

A glamourous life


This is the boybean getting his passport photo taken. Thats me under the sheet. The bean's too small to stand in front of the pulldown white screen (obviously) so i had to be it. Its a good look at the post office dont you think? It drew a few comments from customers, obvious ones about hijab and travel and airport checks. An interesting anecdote came from a woman just back from a round the world trip who had been stopped 17 times at airports, having never been checked before. It wasnt until she got to Morocco and asked a friendly security staffer what might be going on. She found out they were 3 points short of being hauled in as major terrorist suspects having 1) paid cash for their tickets 2) purchased tickets 3 days before departure and 3) her husband had a beard. I might remove the sheet before travel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really need to get a new passport. Somehow we let ours expire in the new baby phase. I don't think I will take my mother along in a sheet though. I may need to don the sheet myself... Gosh, so much to organise, maybe we should just holiday at Torquay.

Where are you going?

Kelly said...

LOL. Given i really detest flying, Torquay sounds like a great and relaxing option. We're off to the no-longer-are they-cool-prop-8 state of California, via hawaii, to take the bean to visit his aunt and grandma.

pipnvik said...

Now having a sheet on your head leaves you open to being called sheethead (shithead).

Have fun in your holiday preps, when are you heading off ?

Kerrie said...

Oh my, how glam...and in public view too, beautiful.

It made me smile though...

Not so the terrorist account, how frightening for them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, 48% of them are cool, which is pretty good compared to many other places.

I don't think I've ever been so desperate for a holiday as I am right now. But I have to wait nearly a week til we hit the beach, then another six months or so for the real holiday to somewhere Far for More Than One Week.

pipnvik said...

My holiday stars in March and will last 18 months

Kelly said...

thanks Phil; grin. we leave in a few weeks time.

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...