Tuesday, June 23

leftovers


Ive taken to a new approach, an old style methodology. I've forsaken the microwave and started a legitimate affair with my cast iron skillet. Lunchtime (sometimes even brunch time) leftovers get the once over, all together. Its culinary harikari, but it feels good and somehow sizzling the abandoned motley crue this way renders them one, makes sense of opposites. Ravioli with grated carrot sauce, smoky baked beet and potatoes chopped fine, kumara with a hint of parmesan and garlic and leftover cannellini. I fried an egg which made friends with some long forgotten BBQ sauce (where did that come from?). Winter comfort taken to the extreme.
Disgusting. Delicious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I wish my leftovers looked and sounded so good.

Jen said...

My mum was great at this and I used to love it. Add a seemingly odd composition of fridge-lingering dishes to a heavy bottomed skillet. Toss in 1 egg per person, stir a bit (bit not too much) and wait for the "BUBBLE 'N SQUEEK"!

Kelly said...

LEF- they were very yum...makes me want to make more of everything just so i can have leftovers...

jen- my mum NEVER made bubble and squeak- lived tigh on the margins- never a leftover in sight..our fridge was rather bare from memory...lol Its yum, i recommend revisiting it

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...