Tuesday, September 15

a rampant foodie fantasy

Ive been suffering it for days and am so enamoured with it that Ive even shared it with the Bloke. Generally in the big scheme, its not something i tend to do with fantasies, i tend to keep them to myself lest someone call me on them to make them a reality! In my book, thats not really how fantasies are supposed to end; dying a sordid death in the light of a real day.

So, i shared it (must mean its a dream and not a fantasy, huh?). Its a dream inspired by a post on Family Styles; a S.O.L.E food blog written by Chinese-American sisters, one living in London the other in New York. The blog name belies its witty, youthful, international and contemporary foodie nature and the latest post made me go spinning off into all sorts of excited co.nip.shuns. The Rambling Restaurant. Not enough time in my days to pull it off but its such a great idea for building community, sharing food, having fun and spreading appreciation about the provenance of food. I might have to work out how to do it on a smaller scale. Im really loving this underground sneaky supper club idea. What do you think?

8 comments:

greenfumb said...

I'm sure you could do that but I'm not coming if you have rabbit.

Did you checkout the scallion pancakes in the previous post - I am DEFINITELY making those tomorrow.

Annuska said...

You can use our shed anytime! It is huge and would be good for a party like that although it is not an art venue...still it is free!
I think it would be so much fun- I will help you if you go for it!

Katy said...

Rabbit kinda freaks me out - blame my mum - this is a great idea - my girlfriends and I used to do a night on the change of seasons.

Katrine said...

wow, that looks amazing! but soooo much work! the idea of cooking for that many people freaks me out :)

Kelly said...

greenfumb- i can make rabbit taste like chicken! or pork! then will you come? and you bet i checked out those pancakes. i tried to then forget about them! dangerous.

ana- WOOHOO! an enthusiastic comrade, that might just turn it from a dream...thanks, its such a cool idea...

katy- see above! lol. thats a realy nice idea .. hmmm

katrine- yes lots of FUN exciting work! maybe not 70 but 30 be good number. Its all about the menu.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Was in London this past weekend and heard about the new dinner movement...underground. And all because of the CC (credi crunch). Most times, when we're pressed, we expand, when we are stressed, we seek an outlet and when there's a need, someone has to get creative!

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Sorry...just read your minus 3 kids and -10 years comment at Mei and Irene's. I laughed so hard - what a clown you are. And this weekend, I was with my husband, sin kids...sin 3 kids (as in sin in spanish for without) for our first weekend away, ever in 7 years! It was amazing to go away and even more amazing to come back to loving kids.

Robert Boeckmann said...

Hi Kelly -
I'm enjoying your blog. Thank you. The closest I've done to the Rambling restaurant was when I lived in the Bay Area and had a community of friends - 4-5 couples several of them foodies (self included)..and all gastronomes. I cooked so many feasts in my own home in Berkeley and in rented holiday homes in Marin and elsewhere on the Central coast. Add to this fresh homebrew beer and north coast wines. Hmm this is a fantasy to breath into a dream. Best of luck with it. Certainly more manageable when I was without children and in my 20s. But... scaled down to 10-12 people probably manageable with a full home crew. Best of luck with it. Here is one of my favorite food blogs: http://lobstersquad.blogspot.com/
enjoy
Robert

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...