Monday, February 8

tree faeries


This is my most favourite flowering tree. Eucalyptus ficifolia. A Western Austalian flowering gum. Its a romantic soft, drooping stunner> It's no wonder to me that May Gibbs made up fairy tales about banksia men and gumnut babies. We have this salmon flowering one in the garden; a lovely old, knobbled, bent, gnarley thing it is with huge clusters of drooping pods. There are so many colour variations. My favourite is the salmon orange that is just a little deeper in colour than ours and the screaming hot magenta. I have driven past many in flower but only today had my camera, but sadly en route only captured one, this gorgeous deep red. Like summer fruits, i savour these in season.

No comments:

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...