Monday, September 20

new spring salad


In contrast to yesterdays stodgy (but very delicious)  food post, here's something a little fresher. An early spring, late winter salad. I couldn't resist taking a picture as it was just too beautiful. I didn't really design this salad, it was just what I had in the fridge and the garden, so it really constructed itself. Its a kale, swiss chard and baby beet leaf salad with pomegranate, orange segments and chive, served with a light balsamic, orange and garlic glaze and garnished with violets. A trick i learnt from Kale for Sale: hand rub the raw kale with salt to bruise the leaves, it tenderises the kale , making it sweeter and softer to consume it raw. It really works.

5 comments:

D.M. SOLIS said...

Beautiful! I love it when one or more arts come together. This salad looks like a dream of the French countryside.

Peace,
Diane

Kelly said...

thanks DM Solis! it tasted a dream too!

Kale for Sale said...

I'm admiring the salad and then see that i also contributed. Doubly delicious.

Kelly said...

kale- it was one of my top 10 new kitchen tricks that one!

Karin said...

Wow, gorgeous! I need a salad like this in my life. :-)

Hello, how are you?

Hello. It's been a while. 5 years. Where did that time go? Reflecting back, I can't remember why I stopped blogging. Perhaps l...